Beyond the Basics, "Who Am I?"

Monday, May 6, 2013



One project I love to do with my students that allows them to write a true reflection of who they are is called, “WHO AM I?”  Students write descriptions about themselves that go beyond the basics and offers information about their unique personality.  Students give clues about their personality and draw a self portrait.  Here is an example that I made myself as a teacher model to give students before they began.  You can also model for the students using yourself as the subject, since we all know your students love learning the “DS” about their teacher!
 At the beginning of the year, this is a great way for students to introduce themselves.  At the END of the year, it is fun for students to guess which student wrote the paper.  Most likely, at the end of the year, students know each other pretty well and will have a fantastic time guessing 100% correctly! 
This project is available in my BACK to SCHOOL BUNDLE. Click on the picture below to be taken to your grade level!

 
 

 



2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Its so much fun! I need to put this on my list of things to buy as I am headed to 3rd grade in the fall.

    Misty
    blog.thinkwonderteach.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Misty! That is so sweet of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear what my readers think of the posts. :) Thanks in advance!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top