8 BEST Websites for FREE Comprehension Passages

Monday, October 12, 2015
Free Comprehension Passages, Comprehension Passages
In the past, when I have needed comprehension passages for a SUB or just a last minute lesson, I have ended up spending what seemed like HOURS looking online!  I thought I would share with you a list of some of my favorite websites for FREE COMPREHENSION passages! 
#1) K12 Reader
Format: Half Sheet Passage on Left/Comprehension Questions on the Right
Grade Range: 1st-10th Grades
Genre: Non-Fiction (Social Studies and Science)

#2) READWORKS

Format: Passages followed By Short Answer Comprehension Questions
Grade Range: K-12
Genre: Non-Fiction and Narrative

#3) Center for Urban Education
Format: One Page Passages
Grade Range: 2-10
Genre: Non Fiction and Fiction

#4) Great Schools
Format: Passage/Comprehension Questions
Grade Range: 3-5
Genre: Non Fiction
One of my favorites I have found for my 5th graders is the passage seen below…This is GREAT for interpreting complex text, figurative language AND gives students a peek at some classic literature!

#5) IRCMS
Format: One Page Passages
Grade Range: 3-5
Genre: Non-Fiction

#6) Wordville
Format: One Page Comprehension Passage
Grade Range: K-7
Genre: Informational Text

#7) Have Fun Teaching
Format: Comprehension/Comprehension Questions
Grade Range: K-6
Genre: Non-Fiction

#8) English Worksheet Land
Format: Comprehension Skills and Passages
Grade Range: K-5
Genre: Non Fiction

Do you have a site to add to this list? Please share!

12 comments:

  1. SUCH a great list! Thanks for sharing…Bookmarked for the future!! :-) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great resource! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! I love K12 Reader and am glad it's first on the list. I WISH I had more to add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this wonderful list! It will make my job easier in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this list! There are great resources that I visit often when looking for comprehension passages. One that I would add to the list is NewsELA. This site has a wide variety of topics that can be leveled according to Lexiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing that! I am off to check out NewsELA. You can NEVER have too many resources! Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. I, too, am grateful for such an awesome resource. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Commonlit.com
    K12 passages by theme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Readtheory.com kids do a pretext and can then earn badges when the complete a passage

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear what my readers think of the posts. :) Thanks in advance!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top